One way to give a new look to your home is by installing a new floor. If money is not a problem, you can install a wood floor or stone tile installations. But if you are limited by a budget like most people, then you may want to consider installing a vinyl flooring tiles. These are crack resistant, easy to clean and come in a wide variety of colors and designs. Not only are they cheaper than stone or ceramic, it is easy for a homeowner to do the installation yourself.
6 Photos Gallery of: Instructions For Installing Vinyl Flooring Tiles
- Uses a sweep to remove any molding floor edges.
- Cava a layer of one-quarter inch (6 mm) plywood on the floor. Keep the leaves in stages so that the seams are at least a foot away from the seams of the subfloor. Leave a 1/8 inch (3 mm) around the perimeter of the floor to allow for expansion.
- Fill the gaps between the plywood with self-leveling mortar, using a spatula to 6 inches (15 cm).
- When the self-leveling mortar has dried, sand the joints so that the whole floor is flat and smooth.
- Place a tile face down next to the door frame and use it as a guide to measure the height of it. Walking through the doorway with a saw cut bottom.
- Room divided into four equal quadrants and measuring the center point of each wall, with the drawing pen marking to indicate the measurements.
- Start at the center of the room where the chalk lines intersect and placing vinyl flooring tiles, removing the back and pressing on the ground. Place the tiles along the chalk line and works toward the wall, stopping before completing the last row of tiles.
- Repeat this step until all four quadrants are complete.
- Place the last row of tiles, only if a complete fit in the gap between the wall and the last row lay. If you need to cut a tile, put directly on top of one of the last row. Place another tile on top of that, but put him against the wall. Draw a line with a pencil along the edge of the tile above to mark where you need to make the cut.
10 .Remove the hub (which you marked with the pencil) and smooth it with a heat gun. Cut with a knife and a square or an item like that allows you to make a straight cut. Count the number of vinyl flooring tiles you need this size, and uses it as a template to cut the amount needed.
- Repeat the previous step to make cuts to the four walls.
- Place the last row of tiles along your four walls.
- Spend a roll on the ground to ensure that the vinyl flooring tiles are firmly pressed against the sheets of plywood.
14. Replace the molding around the edges of the floor.